HP9000/HP-UX/8.1.5 System Move

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 17:49:45 -0700

Hi DBA's:

We just moved some instances from an HP K220 to a new L2000. Same O/S, same version of the o/s, same Oracle. When I run svrmgrl, I get a message I've never seen before:

oracle8> svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Warning: Entry/Exit code is optimized. Cannot restore context (UNWIND 22) Warning: Entry/Exit code is optimized. Cannot restore context (UNWIND 22) ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel SVRMGR> Anybody know what this means? I've run the relink program on everything but the precompilers (cause it blows there). Any ideas?

I'm gonna reinstall Oracle and try again, but I'd like to know if I'm swatting a flea with a sledgehammer.

Thanx,
Mike

---
Michael P. Vergara              | I've got a PBS mind in an MTV world
Oracle DBA                      |
Guidant Corporation             |

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com