Re: OT: Learning Curve for Informatica ETL Products

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 17:34:00 -0700

Well, I'll agree that the manager can certainly help the programmers.

But a programmer can learn the business from the users without any help from the manager. It's motivation thing.

Most of the responsibility to learn the business you are in lies with you as an individual. Get to know people, ask qeustions, help them out with their problems.

You learn what they do, they learn what you do. Since you're willing to help them, they're willing to help you.

I don't buy into blaming the manager for things I can control.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com