RE: OT: Learning Curve for Informatica ETL Products

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 08:33:16 -0700

>But I do realize that we also have to have people like Rachel that >have a
>liking for the dark side of IT, that is end users. :o)

It's more generic than that... I like people. Why else would I have considered a job teaching?

I make the ultimate end user for testing. I'm not what they call an 'early adopter' (someone who is willing to work with version -1.5)

I'm not interested (usually) in "opening up the hood and looking around the engine".

All I want is for the product to do what it said it will do. And I have little or no patience to wait for the webpage to build (you know those annoying people who hit stop and then reload and stop and then reload? that's me). I'm practical, not theoretical. In fact, when I would write with Marlene, we'd call ourselves the theoretician (her) and the technician (me). She'd come up with lots of "what if" and I'd just want to make it work in the real world.

So if I can't deal with it, then most of the rest of the world won't like it either.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com