notification of password expiration?

From: Paul Sheahan <psheahan_at_snet.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:00:13 -0700

Hello all,

Can anyone share any ideas on this?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>        We
have a procedure in our Oracle databases that forces a user to change there password after x number of days.  This password procedure also forces them to use num-alpha characters.  Our lead Oracle admin turned off the procedure because Oracle was not notifying users when their password was going to expire and once it did it would not let them in.  I was hoping that with 8i there would be some improvements to the way Oracle handled expiring passwords.  Does anyone know or use a workaround for this? We would like to set password expiration of 60 days on Oracle accounts but they need some type of notification so they aren't locked out....

Thanks,
Paul Received on Fri Jul 06 2001 - 12:00:13 CDT