RE: 11 disks to build a DB, suggestions

From: Diego Cutrone <dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:47:16 -0700

Hi Rahul, and Yosi

I misunderstood you Rahul I'm sorry, you need both redo logs (log01 and log02, these are different redo goups and not different members of the same group, as I thought) (Yosi is right about this, off course)

Now according to this information, I'll be still consistent with my first mail. I would place redo logs (both groups) in a dedicated disk over Raw Devices.
Of course, after the application starts running I would take performance statistics in order to verify that disk I/O is balanced and that there isn't a spot disk (I mean a disk that gets too much I/O).

"> also, do u have to make ALL of a disk as RAW or can i make only a part of
> the disk as RAW ? "

Yes, you can have for example redo logs and some datafiles as raw and the others over FS.

greetings
DC

Author: Diego Cutrone
  INET: dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar