RE: OT: Ari and his company have been noted in InfoWorld.

From: Jenkins, Michael <Michael.Jenkins_at_Nextel.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:08:02 -0700

I wonder if a similar thought was echoed in 1991? Maybe all of the DBAs that were former DB2, etc DBAs could offer some war stories here. It's funny that databases have become more cumbersome to manage, not easier IMHO. DBAs have to understand more technologies that are outside the RDBMS box than ever before. Every time we get a new version it gets a little more complicated to manage. I suppose we should just put everything in autoextend mode, oversize the SGA and other memory structures and we would be able to manage 1000's of databases. Not likely now, or ever for that matter. All of the quick fixes leave out one particular fact: All databases are unique and have their share of unique problems. Thank goodness for that!

I can't wait to take a vacation and recover a standby database while adrift on the ocean. It gives "Cast Away" a whole new meaning!

:))

--Michael

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: epost_at_kcc.com

Author: Jenkins, Michael
  INET: Michael.Jenkins_at_Nextel.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 16:08:02 CDT