RE: DB on NT

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 05:21:34 -0700

Guy,

"<rant>Don't even get me started on
Unix, which sucks. Rebooting if you need more file descriptors?! Or shared memory? All operating systems suck. Apart from maybe VMS.</rant>"

Isn't saying "all operating systems suck" a bit harsh? :) Personally, I think they all have their challenges, but they can be managed. I agree with you on two points - the anti-NT brigade on this list are a bit phobic, and that the VMS operating system is/was one of the best every designed!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Guy Hammond
  INET: guy.hammond_at_avt.co.uk

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 05 2001 - 07:21:34 CDT