CURSOR_SHARING = FORCE ques.

From: <Ivan_Rivera_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:23:51 -0700

Gurus....

Well the boss is now getting on my back for me to upgrade my OCP to 8i.  I know, I know, I wasn't going to, please don't flame me, but work is insisting that I do.  So now I'm studying the upgrade book and it's sparked up a couple of questions regarding cursor_sharing = force.

  1. I've heard a bunch of negative things (like bugs) regarding using this feature, was this just with 8.1.6 or is it still buggy?
  2. Anyone out there using it?  Does it give that much better performance gains?  It seems to me like it's not worth implementing.

3)Can the guys playing with 9i out there verify if this is buggy in 9i?

Thanks to all.
Ivan Rivera Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 16:23:51 CDT