mts, 2 listeners, protocol.ora

From: <yangx_at_email.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:17:41 -0700

Hi Gurus,

I am puzzled about when protocol.ora is used when the listener get started.

I have two listeners (regular and TNS_ADMIN) that listen for two sets of databases, regular dedicated and MTS, respectively. I want to restrict connections for only the databases with dedicated connections.

I can do it, but only when the mts listener is started first WITHOUT protocol.ora in place, then the dedicated listener with protocol.ora in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.

This is not the case when both listeners listen for only dedicated connection databases. protocol.ora gets used properly for this situation and no need for this particular order of starting.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Sharon

Xiaohong Yang (Sharon)
Certified Oracle database administrator
Center for Bioinformatics
UNC-CH

  INET: yangx_at_email.unc.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 14:17:41 CDT