OT: not a solution but a gripe :)Re: BIG PROBLEM

From: JOE TESTA <JTESTA_at_longaberger.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:12:40 -0700

Edward, i'd thought Qwest would have been smarter than that but hey what do i know.

joe

>>> ecarr_at_qwest.com 06/29/01 03:51PM >>>Hello
all, I just joined this list today and am in need of desperate help!!!In its infinite wisdom HR decided to lay off our only oracle dba!!!I am trying to get some backups working on our database using rman.It seems to backup our datafiles ok, but I am getting the following error...RMAN-03022: compiling command: backupRMAN-00571:

=============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============RMAN-00571:
failure during compilation of commandRMAN-03013: command type: backupRMAN-06089: archived log /oradata/bdw/disk01/archive/bdw_1_24445.arc notfound or out of sync with catalogThe problem here is twofold: 1) It is looking in the wrong directory for the archive logs 2) We have been moving old archive logs off of the server to another serverto keep the disk from filling up while we were working on this backupproblem, so I do not want it looking for the old logs.As I am not a DBA I have no clue how to fix this, but it needs to be doneA.S.A.P.  ...Thanks to anyone who can help me!!!
Systems AdministratorQwest CommunicationsBroadband Services Inc. Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 14:12:40 CDT