RE: A Question on the Basics of PL/SQL

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 07:52:26 -0700

Oracle Corporations Coding Rules

  1. The use of functions to return more than one "value" is strictly forbidden though encouraged nevertheless
  2. Quod licet jovi. Non licet bovi (What's okay for Jupiter to do is not okay for a cow to do)

For point two, Oracle Corp is the jovian entity and we, the users of their products, are the cattle. I never took Latin; it probably shows.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

Author: Jared Still