starting up 8i on Win2000 Problems

From: Denham Eva <EvaD_at_TFMC.co.za>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:10:03 -0700

Hello,

I am new to the Windows Platform.
I have a Oracle 8i (8.1.6.0.0) on a Windows 2000 system. My problem is this, when I shutdown the system, using svrmgrl and the command shutdown immediate.
The system shuts down as one would expect with no errors. However when I try restarting the instance, also
in svrmgrl as I have done thousands of time in UNIX, she refuses. Giving either:
cannot open the database EXCLUSIVE OR the initPWD.ora is incorrect or corrupt. I have been forced to bounce this system, were she will startup automatically without a whisper of complaint.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? Does anyone have a soulution?

Thank You in advance
Denham Eva

Author: Denham Eva
  INET: EvaD_at_TFMC.co.za

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 01:10:03 CDT