RE: Mark's Wild A** Vid Card (Saga continues)

From: <nlzanen1_at_EY.NL>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:21:50 -0700

Hi Mark

Are you as commited to your golf game as you are to getting your PC to play 3D graphics at alarming speeds? If so I don't stand a chance anymore.

CU

Jack

                    "Mark Leith"

                    <mark_at_cool-too       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    ls.co.uk>            cc:     (bcc: Jack van
Zanen/nlzanen1/External/MEY/NL)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: Mark's Wild A** Vid Card

(Saga continues)
root_at_fatcity.c om 28-06-2001 16:31 Please respond to ORACLE-L

Hannibal,

Since you like this thread so much - I thought I would give you an update on
the continuing escapade I am having with <---"The Card"--->.

Last night - having exhausted all avenues such as chipset upgrades, BIOS flashes, driver updates etc - I got a friend of mine round with his PC (an AMD Athlon /K2 500mhz, 320M RAM), which has both Win2K and 98 bootable from one hard drive.

You may remember that I *thought* it may have been a refresh rate for my screen as it is only 60hz - well not so!! First thing I did was hook up his screen and BANG out goes the screen!

I then continue to take my OH SO LOVELY ELSA GLADIAC 920 out of my machine, remove his Creative GeoForce 2 from his, and replace it with mine (I was thinking by then that it may have been an O/S problem). Booted his machine in to 98, installed the drivers, reboot, all nice and pretty. Go in to a game, TTAADDDAAAA it works!!! <FUMING> IT WORKS? </FUMING>.. OK I think, if it is an O/S problem, let's see if it works with his Win2K O/S.

Reboot, install the Win2K drivers, go in to a game and TTAADDDAAAA - <DOUBLE
FUMING> IT WOORRKKSSS??? </DOUBLE FUMING>

SO - it is something wrong with either my setup or my PC, I even went as far
as putting his GeoForce 2 in to my machine, booting, installing the drivers,
and the damn screen STILL goes in to standby with a GeoForce2!! This PC isn't even a year old yet..

I then reinstalled my old card (an ELSE ERAZOR III 32 MB) not a bad card in itself, but not has good as my shiny new upgrade :( THE THING WORKS!!

I see no reason for this to happen, and my PC support is running round at the moment in a lame attempt to get any info they can for me..

Time to scrap my PC, and get an AMD 1ghz I think, and make the B******S install it before they ship it :)! and another ! for good luck..

Mark

Author: Peter McLarty
  INET: peter.mclarty_at_incts.com

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Mohan, Ross INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Mark Leith INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L
also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). ===================================================================== De informatie verzonden in dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden is, behoudens voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van Ernst & Young, niet toegestaan. Ernst & Young staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden e-mailbericht, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan. Ernst & Young kan niet garanderen dat een verzonden e-mailbericht vrij is van virussen, noch dat e-mailberichten worden overgebracht zonder inbreuk of tussenkomst van onbevoegde derden. Indien bovenstaand e-mailbericht niet aan u is gericht, verzoeken wij u vriendelijk doch dringend het e-mailbericht te retourneren aan de verzender en het origineel en eventuele kopieën te verwijderen en te vernietigen. Ernst & Young hanteert bij de uitoefening van haar werkzaamheden algemene voorwaarden, waarin een beperking van aansprakelijkheid is opgenomen. De algemene voorwaarden worden u op verzoek kosteloos toegezonden. ===================================================================== The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. You should not copy, disclose or distribute this communication without the authority of Ernst & Young. Ernst & Young is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Ernst & Young does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return the communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies. In carrying out its engagements, Ernst & Young applies general terms and conditions, which contain a clause that limits its liability. A copy of these terms and conditions is available on request free of charge. ===================================================================== -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: INET: nlzanen1_at_EY.NL Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L