Re[2]: Pocket Guide

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 06:03:23 -0700

I've become overwhelmed by the number and completeness of a number of Pocket Guides that have recently (in the last 6 months) appeared in my local Borders book store from O'Reilly. The really nice part of the pocket guides is that there is an accompanying desk size book that one can refer to for a much moor detailed explanation. My top favorites are the PL/SQL Language and Oracle Built-ins by Steven Feuerstein & company (nothing like PL/SQL from the guru of guru's). And at $8 a piece their a bargain. I've already broken the binder on one of them.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date:       6/28/2001 5:05 AM

Jon,
 Kishore Bhamidipati has written a "paper back" book 337 pages that covers the "Complete Set of SQL Commands for Oracle, Informix, and Sybase Systems" plus special coverage of Oracle's latest PL/SQL and SQLJ extensions. I know it is not a pocket reference but it is small enough and light enough to carry in your linch bag.
Osborne Press ISBN 0-07-882460-5
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> jcb_at_netsec.net 06/27/01 06:50PM >>>
Has anyone run across a "Pocket Guide" for SQL. I don't need one for SQL*Plus or PL/SQL. Just sometimes I cannot remember complete syntax for some commands and a quick guide really helps. Sucks getting old.

I don't see one from O'Reilly which normally handles a series like this.

--

Jon Baker
Database Engineer (1/5)

NETSEC
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
703.561.0420 x265 - phone
703.561.0426 - fax

This electronic message contains information from NETSEC or its affiliates, which may be confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above for the purposes intended by the originator. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (703) 561-0420, or by electronic mail at info_at_netsec.net

Author: jon baker
  INET: jcb_at_netsec.net

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 08:03:23 CDT