RE: OT RE: 24 x 7 on NT?

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 04:43:19 -0700

Rachel,

In the session detail screen, it will list all of the SQL currently in the SQLAREA for that session, so if you don't catch the blocked session straight away (away from your desk or out to lunch), you can in fact miss the SQL as it may have been aged out of the SQLAREA.

The way I would use the tool though would be like this:

  1. Set up the standard rule - ORA_GLOB_BLOCKED_SESSIONS with a threshold of 1 (Tell me whenever a session is blocked)

The Analyzer agent will then monitor the instance on a REFRESH (x sec/min) basis for any blocked sessions.

2) Set up an Event Handler under the Alerter Agent that fires off an "External" Action (execute a program or a script), that will fire off a script that will select all SQL for that user, and then email the output to your email address, showing you the username etc. with all SQL they have executed.

This way you are *almost* guaranteed to catch the SQL they are using. I say *almost* as there is that .1% chance that somebody has got a stupidly small SQLAREA, and a HELL of a lot of SQL going through it.. Not very likely at all, given the time the Alerter agent would take to perform all of this, and I'm sure your instances are set up a HELL of a lot better than that! :)

Then there is the possibility of a User Defined Collection - but that's another story that is too long for this list :)

HTH Mark

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:43:19 CDT