RE: Global Temp Tables and Indexes

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:54:38 -0700

Jack,
 Those rows will be stored in session's PGA in the sort areas (sort_area_size). When you insert more rows to fill up sort_area_size, you will see the table using your temporary tablespace. Or you can alter your session to use much smaller sort_area_size. Also, you can check v$sort_usage view to see how the numbers change as you add to the GTT.

 Hope this helps,

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com