ADMIN: **IMPORTANT** About dis-invited subscribers

From: Bruce Bergman <bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:42:03 -0700

Folks...

It is very important that you all read and adhere to this message.

The list may have had a problem recently with a hacker, and/or viruses from an unknown source. The potential abusers have been removed, so we have a small window of opportunity to make sure this doesn't escalate. The only way to deal with hackers and/or spammers is to completely ignore them. No matter how you are baited or goaded into a discussion, you must absolutely ignore them. Do not reply to their messages. Do not argue with them. Do not call them names or otherwise involve them in any discussion.

In consultation with Jared (owner of this list), we would ask that you please do not continue any further discussion on the topic of hackers, viruses, spammers, idiots, etc. It is important to nip this in the bud if we are to head off future problems.

A determined hacker can easily get back on this list, just as easily as they can bring this list to its knees. In order to make sure we don't have problems in the future, we are asking for your cooperation in not escalating this topic any further.

If you have problems or issues on this topic, you can E-mail Jared or myself PRIVATELY. thanks,
bruce
ListMaster, Fat City Network Services

Author: Bruce Bergman
  INET: bbergman_at_BridgeMedical.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 27 2001 - 16:42:03 CDT