RE: OT RE: 24 x 7 on NT?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:08:47 -0700

Right on Rachel!! You go get'em girl.
 To add to the mix..
Some of the participants on this list are extremely knowledgeable and published. They are willing and able to offer assistance when the opportunity arises. All people are given the chance to voice their opinion and should do so with respect for all members on the list. If there is any personal gripe between members, please take it off line and get it straightened out. I personally would not like to see anyone offended and have them leave the list. The only losers then are the other members of the list.  I only use the windoz products because it is the corporate os of choice right now. I am command line trained and prefer command line over pixels and flashy screens. I chose windoz for home use because it is easier for my wife to operate. Ron Rogers
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 06/27/01 02:46PM >>>
Jon,

Just curiousity here, are you an Oracle DBA (certified or otherwise)?

As for using "a text based mua on a sun machine, which doesnt attempt to correct mistakes, thus not creating its own", well, you are right about that, but then it doesn't seem as if you need any help in introducing mistakes into your documents, as you've made plenty of spelling and puncuation errors on your own. Or were those deliberate?

Mark stated that he wasn't a DBA, however, he has certainly contributed more to this list in answering database questions than you have. And he's managed to do so without being insulting or rude.

And Ross has certainly met your hostility with grace and humor. If you had spent any time at all on this list, you would know that he IS proficient in Unix, and has done more digging into the OS and how things work than most Unix sysadmins I know. And yes,I actually know some. Many.

You might want to do some research on the people you are insulting before you start, it's much less embarassing that way.

Oh, and before you start to insult me, you might want to know some background information. I do not work on NT systems, but rather on Unix boxes. I have been an Oracle DBA for 10 years. I am not a fan by any means of the varied certification programs available, except perhaps for Cisco's certification program since they actually make you build something and then fix it after they break it.

Rachel

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org