RE: OT RE: 24 x 7 on NT?

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 02:06:12 -0700

>>You know it make me laugh how a whole lot of people out there moan
about
>>point and click technology - YET the business that I am in - third
party GUI
>>tools for databases - is BOOMING! So what is it? DBA's don't like a
point &
>>click O/S - but one to help them with their job, is OK...

>>Just my 50p :)

But then I remember someone complaining of GUI'ed tool not doing right Migration Job (after waiting for more than a day) for him right????

And that's the reason, the more you become familiar with Depths of Databases more you start hating those so called "Easy to Use GUI Tools"...

My 50p ;-))

Rajesh
OC DBA 8&8i
Author: Mark Leith