RE: DUPLICATE VALUE CHECK

From: Daemen, Remco <R.Daemen_at_facent.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:19:40 -0700

How about:

create table tmp_table as select substr(rowid,length(rowid)-7,7) last_seven from <your_table>;

and then:

select last_seven duplicates from
(
select last_seven,count(*)
from tmp_table
group by last_seven
having count(*) > 1
);

I didn't test it, but it should be pretty fast with "only" 450.000 rows.

HTH, Remco

Author: Shirish Khapre
  INET: shirish_at_rolta.com

Author: Daemen, Remco
  INET: R.Daemen_at_facent.nl
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 13:19:40 CDT