RE: iAS 1.0.2.2. error during installation (update)

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 06:56:55 -0700

FYI, I was told that this error occurred because not all Oracle NT services were stopped during the installation.

Only the origin database's service and the TNS Listener service have to be running.

Add this to your list of things to do, because the Installer does a bad job of re-installing iAS components and cleaning up after itself if something goes wrong during the installation process.

We cannot tell the OUI to de-install iAS components, there are no checkboxes to allow this. Probably because some of the components go into an old Oracle_home.

I had to go into the registry to remove some of the services that it initially created.

You will have to reboot your machine.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

        In Metalink there is a similar reference for this error, basically
when
        re-starting the forms service oracle cannot locate some .msb files.

        How can I fix this for iAS 1.0.2.2.?

        I logged a TAR, just curious whether I can get an answer more
quickly here.
        TIA

        Author: Boivin, Patrice J
          INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

        San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 08:56:55 CDT