Re: trigger on user logoff session

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:03:03 -0700

> Hello ,
>
> Can I know whether is it possible for me to set up a trigger to activate if
> any user active this in-house logoff function to kick off any user who is
> activate this script ?
>

> ALTER TRIGGER CFLOG DISABLE
> /
> UPDATE CFsecurity
> SET LOGON = 'N'
> WHERE STFID = UPPER('&STFID')
> /
> UPDATE CF88LOG
> SET LOGSTS = '1'
> WHERE USRID = UPPER('&STFID')
> /
> ALTER TRIGGER CFLOG ENABLE
>
> All this is our own tables ,in our application we will check whether is
> there a valid user in the table CFsecurity on accessing certain tables ,
> becoz in a environment having more than 300 user if possible , sometime some
> user is being logoff in the application system w/o notice .and it really
> hard for me to trace who is execute this script ?
>

> Raymond Lee
> Infopro Sdn Bhd
> Block B3 Level 8, Leisure Commerce Square
> No. 9, Jalan PJS 8/9 46150 Petaling Jaya
> Selangor , Malaysia
> Tel : 603-78766666 ext : 266 Fax : 603-78761233
> Email : Raymond_at_infopro.com.my

Raymond,

   I am not sure that I fully understand your problem but if you want to check who was brutally logged off a logoff trigger is unlikely to be the best of solutions. Rather, you should register a timestamp when a user logs in, and another one when s/he logs off (in fact, there is nothing to code, the AUDIT statement can do it for you). If the user loses the connection without any proper log off, then you will have only the login timestamp set. Then it's a matter of comparing the list of currently active sessions to the list of connections without a 'logged off' timestamp.

HTH, Stephane Faroult
Oriole
Corporation

Performance tools for Oracle ®