RE: Griping about auditing (not the Oracle Kind)

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:25:20 -0700

Excuse me but you are a little presumptious and rude with that last mail. If a process is put in place that requires a form to be signed and authorisation to be given before action can be taken then I would be going totally against the grain and would get into trouble for not adhering to the company guidelines (as some of the UNIX S.A's did when they went in and made changes without filling out the necessary paperwork !!). On the contrary to your mail, I am a good DBA and I do take pride in my work and prior to the ridiculous rules that were put in place all work was done proactively and we never suffered because of it. What the managers (and "Quality Team", who had no bloody idea what their process would do to us) failed to realise was exactly how well I was doing my job, in that they were never bothered in the past. Once the mistakes were made and there was reactive form filling processes for certain things put in place, then things went back to normal.

I think thats whats called a bite on my behalf!!

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 02:25:20 CDT