RE: Multiple Oracle Instances on NT

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:40:44 -0700

<SPAN

class=617313919-25062001>Lisa,
<SPAN

class=617313919-25062001>
I am
not an Oracle expert, but I can tell you from my brief experience that you should try to convince your users and management to NOT put test and production on one NT box.  If you have something go wrong on the test it may require a bounce of the server to fix it.  I know cuz this is the situation I am in.  I had to bounce the box on Friday.  We had to get everyone out of production to do this.
<SPAN

class=617313919-25062001>
<SPAN

class=617313919-25062001>Dave

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Yttri, Lisa   [mailto:lisa.yttri_at_cnh.com]Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 3:16   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Multiple Oracle Instances on NT
  Hi everyone -
  I have worked exclusively with Oracle on Unix, but not at all   with Oracle on NT.  Our users have come to us with a requirement to run   an application with their database on NT.  They want to build both a test   and production environment on the same NT box.   I would like to know some "basics" about running Oracle on   NT   -  can you run multiple instances of   Oracle on one NT machine   -  if so, what do   I need to look out for (ie. what things are different that a Unix   installation)   -  are any of the processes,   etc. drastically different - ie. security, networking, logging     -  what type of system requirements (ie. memory,   CPU) are needed on NT
  Thanks for any help you can give me! <FONT   size=2>Lisa Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:40:44 CDT