RE: Griping about auditing (not the Oracle Kind)

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:17:55 -0700

Jay,

You did not say what type of an employer you are currently at, so it is tough to comment.
I have seen *very* strict controls put into place at various places of employment. It sounds like you are at a gov't facility where audit and control is serious business.

You have three choices:

1). try and work thru the system to show why this is a bad idea - like let the system go to hell and explain that you would have fixed it, but have been waiting for a signature from the VP. 2). flood the VP with so many requests that he/she sees how ridiculous the requirement is.
3). if all else fails, start looking for another job. at exit interview time, explain that the audit process is NOT conducive to business standards.

hope this helps

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 09:17:55 CDT