RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:00:02 -0700

Hi Liam,

1.  Setting db_file_multiblock_count to a number that when multiplied by your block size is greater than your max i/o size on your host will encourage full table scans.  I also read somewhere else about the effects of doing this, I know there's more to it than what I've stated, but I don't remember off the top of my head (pre-coffee and post-run this am)

2.  vmstat - look at the two columns that start with pg.  Read the man page and it will explain it to you in detail. Also, when you use vmstat be sure to give it an interval (like vmstat 2 10 - this means display stats once every 2 seconds for a duration of 10 seconds).  The first line returned by vmstat will always be garbage (same with iostat).

HTH
Lisa Koivu
Petite Clumsy Ninja-ette
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA

Author: Liam Morrin
  INET: dba37_at_hotmail.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 09:00:02 CDT