RE: Automatic emails from Solaris

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_tdwaterhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 05:37:06 -0700

Here's a simple set of 2 scripts that we use to check every five minutes if Oracle is running and send out a page if it isn't:

is_oracle_run:
cd /oracle/alert_mail
check_oracle >is_run
if [ `grep "Oracle is running" is_run|grep -v grep|wc -l` = 0 ] then

    mail xxxxxxx_at_skytel.com <alert_message     mail xxxxxxx_at_skytel.com <alert_message fi

check_oracle:
sqlplus username/password_at_xxxxx <<!
set heading off
set echo off
select 'Oracle is running '||sysdate from dual; exit
!

alert_message:
Oracle NY is down

Author: butler, daniel
  INET: daniel.butler_at_medway.gov.uk

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jun 25 2001 - 07:37:06 CDT