Re: AARRGGHH !!!

From: <G.Plivna_at_itsystems.lv>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 05:05:12 -0700

Ho, ho, now I'm well prepared!
I created an e-mail template with all subscribe statements needed for all fatcity lists I'm interested in.
It will be like an event trigger on_bounce ;)

I only hope that I will be bounced from all lists hosted in fatcity or the second alternative - I cannot subscribe to a list twice with the same e-mail address.
And I hope this trigger will not fire too often ;)

Gints Plivna

                    Vladimir Begun

                    <jester_at_whale.sunbay.        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    crimea.ua>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: AARRGGHH !!!

                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    01.06.25 15:05

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

On Jun 25, 2001 at 02:41:23AM, G.Plivna_at_itsystems.lv wrote:

> Hmm, me too was unsubscribed on friday. This was second time. The
previous
> was month and a half ago. I'm pretty sure we hadn't any delivery or
network
> problems at least the last time.
>
> Just interesting why me??? ;)

You are not alone... Nobody correctly explained me why when I had been unsubsctibed several months ago. I've contacted support of fatcity and received this:

Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:59:51 -0700

"
I have no interest in tracking down why you were bounced from a list. If I did that, I'd be doing nothing but answering questions from irate users about what caused them to be bounced. In 99.9% of the cases, the fault is at THEIR end, not ours. In the remaining .1%, there was some transient problem in the delivery, or error in our scripts.
"

So, relax, there is no way to get an answer.

--
Vladimir Begun               | What's another word for "thesaurus"?
http://vbegun.net/           |                      -- Steven Wright

  INET: G.Plivna_at_itsystems.lv