Re: FW: Backup Address

From: <Ravinder_Bahadur_at_singaporeair.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:25:23 -0700

Try the connect_timeout_<SID> parameter in the listener file.

                    "Bellefeuille, Wayne

                    S"                           To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L
                    <Wayne.Bellefeuille_at_a        <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    llina.com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     FW: Backup Address

                    root_at_fatcity.com

                    22-Jun-2001 10:26 PM

                    Please respond to

                    ORACLE-L

                    Sender Info:

                    No Sender Info found

                    in the address Book

Sorry, it looks like ADDRESS LIST does work. It is just that it takes about 2 minutes before it recognizes that the first one failed before it tries the second one. Any ideas how to speed that up. I am assuming it is some kind of "timeout" feature dealing with Pinging an IP address; (maybe at the UNIX level?)

Wayne

Author: Bellefeuille, Wayne S
  INET: Wayne.Bellefeuille_at_allina.com

Visit us at www.singaporeair.com.

  INET: Ravinder_Bahadur_at_singaporeair.com.sg