No Subject

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <TS2017_at_emirates.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 06:32:07 -0700

db:
8i
front-end: forms
6i
server: sun os
5.7
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>
We have a
requirement to store and display images in forms 6i. We are in the process of evaluating the use of bfile datatype, do let me know about the limitations if any.
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>
1. Is it mandatory
to have the image files on the same server as the database. Can I store the images on an NT server and refer to them from a db on sun server?
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>
2. Will the net 8.0
be used to stream the image to the frontend?
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>thanks
<SPAN

class=27182307-21062001>amar. Received on Sun Jun 24 2001 - 08:32:07 CDT