Using Recovery Catalog with RMAN

From: Donald Bricker <Donald.Bricker_at_epa.state.il.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:15:08 -0700

Solaris 2.6
Oracle 8.1.6

What are some practical ways that people have came up with to protect the RMAN recovery catalog? We have the catalog in a separate database on the same box as the database we are wanting to backup. The situation came up recently where the all three control files for both databases were corrupted by an attempted OS upgrade. So we could not bring up the database that contained the Recovery Catalog. How are people approaching the backup of the database which contains the Recovery Catalog?

All input is appreciated

Don Bricker
Information Systems Analyst
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency 1021 North Grand Avenue East
Mail Code #32
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Donald.Bricker_at_epa.state.il.us
(217) 558-2290 Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 16:15:08 CDT