Re: Deadlock Detection

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:52:37 -0700

Tom,

    You should have 2 of these traces, one for each process involved. In this case, the processes are 22, 18 and 24, 27. If you run them through tkprof, they will be more readable, but the information is there. You need to look up the table, based on the resource id that was given under the heading Resource Name.

"Mercadante, Thomas F" wrote:

> All,
>
> My current application (still under development) is experiencing Oracle
> deadlock problems. The applications people are performing stress testing
> where the application is being repeatedly called simulating actual users
> hitting the database.
>
> The application is written using VB thru ADO and COM, Oracle 816 on NT.
>
> My problem is that, while I can review the trace file produced, I can't
> figure out what the actual deadlock is occurring on. I have seen deadlock
> trace files that clearly state "table blah", but in this case, I get:
>
> *** 2001-06-21 14:32:03.841
> *** SESSION ID:(27.31211) 2001-06-21 14:32:03.810
> DEADLOCK DETECTED
> Deadlock graph:
> ---------Blocker(s)--------
> ---------Waiter(s)---------
> Resource Name process session holds waits process session holds
> waits
> DX-0000003b-00000000 22 18 X 24 27
> session 18: DID 0001-0018-0000003C session 27: DID 0001-0018-0000003C
> Rows waited on:
> Session 27: no row
> *** 2001-06-21 14:32:03.857
> ksedmp: internal or fatal error
> ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
>
> Is there something like TKPROF that will process the trace file and give me
> more info on what is happening? It looks like I am waiting for a resource
> to be freed, but which one is the question.
>
> thanks for any help.
>
> Tom Mercadante
> Oracle Certified Professional

> Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
> INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Scott Canaan (srcdco_at_rit.edu)
(716) 475-7886
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it"
- Tom Lehrer

Author: Scott Canaan
  INET: srcdco_at_ritvax.isc.rit.edu