RE: Comparing different instances for schema differences

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 05:11:30 -0700

Laura,

Attached is a script that does the job reasonably well.

But I would suggest that you go to www.toadsoft.com and download their latest free version of Toad. It has a very good schema compare function that will provide you with a list of differences.

You will need a database link to connect the two databases. Once you get Toad running, look under the menu for View|Schema Differences. Gives you a very nice report.

Hope this helps.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: laura hardy