BFILE check

From: Amar Kumar Padhi <TS2017_at_emirates.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:31:14 -0700

  db:
  8i
  front-end: forms
  6i
  server: sun os
  5.7
<SPAN

  class=27182307-21062001>
  We have a
  requirement to store and display images in forms 6i. We are in the process of   evaluating the use of bfile datatype, do let me know about the limitations if   any.
<SPAN

  class=27182307-21062001>

  1. Is it mandatory to have the image files on the same server as the database. Can I store the images on an NT server and refer to them from a db on sun server?
    <SPAN
    class=27182307-21062001>
  2. Will the net 8.0 be used to stream the image to the frontend?
    <SPAN
    class=27182307-21062001>
    <SPAN
    class=27182307-21062001>