9i on redhat 7.0 --help me

From: novicedba <novicedba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:00:43 -0700

Hi,
  install.pdf reads

Operating System:
Oracle9i <FONT
size=2>is certified on SuSe 7.1, Kernel 2.4.4 and the operating system library GNU Lib C
2.2.
I have Redhat 7.0 with kernel
2.2.16--22

I think I need to upgrade my kernel to 2.4.4 but don't know how to, redhat site doesn't give great info nor did google help.

Can someone help me with step by step
instructions.
I am new to Linux, but thanks to <A
href="http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/8161.html">http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/8161.html site was able to install both 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 without much of a problem.
I am new to Linux so please so not use heavy technical terms
please help

thanks in advance