RE: Calculating of the Median of Data

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:01:50 -0700

Kevin,

I don't have the answer. And my Celko book has variations on doing this. But, the first thought off the top of my head was that we might be able to make this real easy via some of the analytical functions that first came to be in 8.1.6. Anyway, I struggled with it a bit and decided to do a search.

An advanced search at www.deja.com turned up a few ideas. Specifying comp.databases.oracle.* and searching on things like "SQL median", "analytic median", and simply "median" turned up some ideas. Note that some of the better ideas don't show up on the "exact" hit you get -- you will need to expand the thread and take a look.

Maybe someone else will reply with a great example.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net

Author: Larry Elkins