RE: RMAN - Veritas NETBackup

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:11:20 -0700

Are you using Quick I/O or do any of your datafiles fronted by a link?  If so, RMAN is not backing up the links, just the data in the datafiles.  When restoring, you will have to precreate the links and/or the QIO files, if they have been lost.  That was a little gotcha' that surprised us when we tested the recovery.

Author: Sam Roberts
  INET: rabbit_at_emirates.net.ae

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:11:20 CDT