RE: OT: Working from home

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:12:14 -0700

LOL!!!!! -----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 11:07 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Blah, I do about 2,000 lines just during lunch on a napkin before I go back to work. And I ussually put it on two napkins, one in assembly and one in a high level language like c++ so other people can read it. One time, I actually had to disassemble Oracle.exe as there was some code I didn't like and I needed to tune it. Since then, it runs 5 times faster. I benchmarked vrs 9i, and it was like no comparison. Cripes, the application that runs on it doesn't even have an interface, it just displays raw assembly like the matrix, it is extemely quick. All activity is entered directly into the registers. Since all the problms with windows lately, I decided to just write my own OS. I call it WinBlows, it has this custom (Patent Pending) agent that will severe connection immediately on any StupidUser (TM) errors. It will take a single cpu system and have it perform like a virtual quad processor machine. Since there is no interface, surfing the web is done through machine code socket calls directly through the hardware. Driver compatibility is a thing of the past since there are no drivers, there are no compatibility issues. It is great. Plus it is completely open source too.

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen."

Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot

Author: Jared Still