RE: TRUNCATE IN PL/SQL

From: Koivu, Lisa <lisa.koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:51:27 -0700

Didn't someone already say you have to have drop any table privilege to truncate another user's table? That's at least part of the problem.

Or have you looked at compiling the procedure with another user's privs?  I haven't used that myself but I know it's possible, I forgot the exact syntax.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
954-935-4117

The information in the electronic mail message is Cendant confidential and may be legally privileged, it is intended solely for the addressee(s) access to this internet electronic mail message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects. Cendant Corporation or Affiliates are not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments.

Author: Mohan, Karthik (GEP)
  INET: Karthik.Mohan_at_gepex.ge.com

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).

Author: Raymond Lee Meng Hong
  INET: RAYMOND_at_infopro.com.my

Author: Lisa Clary
  INET: lisa_at_cog.ufl.edu

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 08:51:27 CDT