new instances on Linux different from NT?

From: Tim Gardner <tgardner_at_codeHorse.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:11:34 -0700

I'm trying to figure out how to create new instances on Red Hat Linux. Can anyone tell me the Linux commands that correspond to the following:

When I create a new instance under NT, I do this:

        set ORACLE_SID=newsid
        c:\ORANT\bin\oradim80 -new -sid newsid -intpwd newsid
-startmode auto -pfile f:\ORANTdb\newsid\init.ora
        c:\ORANT\bin\oradim80 -startup -sid newsid -starttype
srvc,inst -usrpwd newsid -pfile f:\ORANTdb\newsid\init.ora
        c:\ORANT\bin\svrmgr30 @f:\ORANTdb\newsid\run1.sql
        c:\ORANT\bin\svrmgr30 @f:\ORANTdb\newsid\run2.sql

where run1.sql is:

        spool c:\ORANT\database\spoolmain
        set echo on
        connect INTERNAL/newsid
        startup nomount pfile=f:\ORANTdb\newsid\init.ora
        CREATE DATABASE newsid
        LOGFILE 'f:\ORANTdb\newsid\log1.ora' SIZE 1024K,
'f:\ORANTdb\newsid\log2.ora' SIZE 1024K
        MAXLOGFILES 32
        MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
        MAXLOGHISTORY 1
        DATAFILE 'f:\ORANTdb\newsid\Sys1.ora' SIZE 50M
        MAXDATAFILES 254
        MAXINSTANCES 1
        CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
        NATIONAL CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1;
        spool off

and run2.sql is:

        spool c:\ORANT\database\spoolmain
        set echo on
        connect INTERNAL/newsid
        ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'f:\ORANTdb\newsid\Sys1.ora' AUTOEXTEND ON;
        CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT SYSROL TABLESPACE "SYSTEM" STORAGE
(INITIAL 100K NEXT 100K);
        ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT "SYSROL" ONLINE;

@c:\ORANT\Rdbms80\admin\catalog.sql;
@c:\ORANT\Rdbms80\admin\catproc.sql