RE: Prompt in Korn shell

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:44:11 -0700

One of the easiest ways to do it is to overload the CD command. That is, build your own CD command and alias the real CD to it. In your command, you will display the variables you want to on your prompt. I have done it before. If you want a sample, let me know and I will dig up what we did (it was at the last job).

The only drawback is that it only change when you change directory. It is not interactive and changing on every command.

Author: Hillman, Alex
  INET: Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:44:11 CDT