Re: Disk configuration

From: KC <kchan_at_speednet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 05:30:25 -0700

Connor,

It would be easy if I am the SysAdmin, our Mr. Unix here doesn't like raw just because he can't see the files in the file system. I am just exploring different ways to stripe the disk, I noticed that we made one subdisk for each disk and stripe the volume on them. This is quite different to the places I worked before, people create subdisks on the outer and inner tracks of the disk and stripe one volume on the outer tracks subdisk and another for the inner tracks, I assumed people do that for performance reason, any ideal on issue you will have for having one subdisk per disk? I agreed that raw is the best in term of performance.

KC

Author: KC
  INET: kchan_at_speednet.com.au