Re: Need help getting started

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 04:55:12 -0700

My first question is what is your field of study in school? Is it computer related? Have you graduated, many employers want to see you graduate before they will hire you. Have you asked any of your larger companies about any IS extern programs that they might have. If you have graduated, have you put your resume into some of the job search engines like monster.com or hotjobs.com? Don't give up, the IS field is still hot, but not equally hot around the country. You might want to think about relocating (after getting a job) to a better job market.

>>> Sllewnerak_at_aol.com 06/19/01 11:15PM >>>
This is kind of a different Oracle question. Does anyone have any suggestions how a person can land an entry level job. I do not work in the Technology field but would very much like to. I have been going to school at night for about two and a half years
and have the first two OCP developers tests behind me and am working on the third now. I have a 3.9 GPA and can't even get an interview. How do you get experience if no one will hire you? I have even offered to work for free in the evenings or on my days off. I live in Minneapolis and would really appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have. Thanks, Karen

Author: William Beilstein
  INET: BeilstWH_at_obg.com