Re: How to size db_block_size?

From: Glen Mitchell <glen.mitchell_at_peace.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:06:41 -0700

 http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/raw_log_files.htm has some details related to log block sizes. Christopher Spence wrote:

log
file block size is generally 512, 1024 bytes, dispite the file system block size.<span
class=683540316-19062001>
"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen." Christopher R. Spence
Oracle DBA
Fuelspot

-----Original
Message-----
From: Christopher Spence [mailto:cspence_at_FuelSpot.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001
9:26 AM
To: Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L
df
-g  "Walking

From: Herman Susantio [mailto:sherman_at_bcsis.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001
5:14 AM
To: Multiple recipients of
list ORACLE-L
Hi all, just
want to ask,How do we know the OS Block size from our system ?We use Sun Solaris 2.7any command to show OS Block Size ? Thanks & Regards Herman

      style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> ----- Original Message -----

        style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black">From:Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran

Author: Justin Coleman
  INET: jd_coleman_ora1_at_hotmail.com
Fat City Network Services
-- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California
-- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
to be removed from).  You may
also send the HELP command for other
information (like subscribing).

--
Glen Mitchell                   NZ Phone: +64 9 3730400
Energy Research Lab             URL: http://www.peace.com