Transportable tablespace problem in 817

From: Kumanan Balasundaram <kumanan.balasundaram_at_qxl.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:38:21 -0700

I'm trying to a transportable but the export session is hanging. The v$session says the session is actually active.

Anybody here has any such experience?

Any ideas to resolve this?

Thanks
Kumanan

SQL> set autoprint on serveroutput on
SQL> exec dbms_tts.transport_set_check ('DATA',TRUE); PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. SQL> select * from sys.transport_set_violations; VIOLATIONS

Index KBALASUN.PK_USERS_USERID in tablespace INDEXTS enforces primary constriant
s of table KBALASUN.USERS in tablespace DAT SQL> exec dbms_tts.transport_set_check ('DATA,INDEXTS',TRUE); PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. SQL> select * from sys.transport_set_violations; no rows selected

alter tablespace data read only;
alter tablespace data read only;

/tmp <ora> $ env

NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
ORACLE_SID=KBDB
ORA_NLS33=/export/home/oracle/product/8.1.7/ocommon/nls/admin/data ORACLE_HOME=/export/home/oracle/product/8.1.7

/tmp <ora> $ exp transport_tablespace=y tablespaces=DATA,INDEXTS
file=testtrans.dmp

Export: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Jun 19 19:30:37 2001

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Username: sys as sysdba
Password:

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set
Note: table data (rows) will not be exported About to export transportable tablespace metadata... <its just hanging forever.>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster_at_qxl.com

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com

Author: Kumanan Balasundaram
  INET: kumanan.balasundaram_at_qxl.com