RE: * I'm Looking for an Oracle Financials DBA for Miami,

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:22:51 -0700

I also
think that, if you are willing to move, Oracle DBA's can ALWAYS find jobs.
<SPAN

class=467432016-19062001>
Move
to either large population areas where either Federal or State Govt's are, and there always consultant opportunities.
<SPAN

class=467432016-19062001>
can't imagine that a DBA would have problems finding work in either DC, NYC or Boston (sorry, I'm from the east coast - not too familiar with the rest of the country).
<SPAN

class=467432016-19062001>
Even
in my small neck of the woods (Albany, NY) there are DBA positions available with state govt.
Tom
Mercadante Oracle Certified
Professional

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bowes, Chris   [mailto:Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com]Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 12:59   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: *   I'm Looking for an Oracle Financials DBA for Miami,   I really think it matters where in the job field you're   talking.  I know of at least 3 people who in the last 6 months changed   jobs and their picks of jobs from multiple opportunities.  One in   Florida, one in Atlanta and one in San Francisco.  In 2 of the 3 cases   (FL and ATL), when the candidate chose which offer s/he wanted, the ones that   were told 'no' didn't want to take no for an answer and kept bugging the   candidate.  The Florida and San Francisco candidates were Oracle DBA's   the other (Atlanta) was a web programmer who could interface with   Oracle.
  If you used to work at
  www.wowlookatthisgreatsitewehopetomakeaprofitsoonuntilthenletsbuysomemorecoolexpensivestuff.com   then, yes, you could in trouble if that's all you know.  We in the Oracle   community and the Sqlserver community have had our opportunities cut down   some, but they're still out there.
  --Chris Chris.Bowes_at_Kosa.com    Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 11:22:51 CDT