RE: * I'm Looking for an Oracle Financials DBA for Miami,

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:49:46 -0700

I really think it matters where in the job field you're talking.  I know of at least 3 people who in the last 6 months changed jobs and their picks of jobs from multiple opportunities.  One in Florida, one in Atlanta and one in San Francisco.  In 2 of the 3 cases (FL and ATL), when the candidate chose which offer s/he wanted, the ones that were told 'no' didn't want to take no for an answer and kept bugging the candidate.  The Florida and San Francisco candidates were Oracle DBA's the other (Atlanta) was a web programmer who could interface with Oracle.

If you used to work at www.wowlookatthisgreatsitewehopetomakeaprofitsoonuntilthenletsbuysomemorecoolexpensivestuff.com then, yes, you could in trouble if that's all you know.  We in the Oracle community and the Sqlserver community have had our opportunities cut down some, but they're still out there.

--Chris
Chris.Bowes_at_Kosa.com Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 10:49:46 CDT