RE: Backups on raw devices

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:15:49 -0700

With Oracle 8.0 there was RMAN functionality that you could only get by having a repository in a database. But with Oracle 8.1 it seems that you get all the functionality you need with controlfiles. What functionality do you lose by using RMAN with controlfiles?

Steve Orr

Author: Jenkins, Michael
  INET: Michael.Jenkins_at_Nextel.com

Author: Orr, Steve