(no subject)

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:15:32 -0700

Gr8 to know that you have set(s) of valid backup.... Now you can perform following steps to bring the database up..

  1. Restore the online backup: Place all the datafiles to their original destination (from tape). Take help of previous trace dump of control file to put at right place.
  2. Restore all the archived log files to log_archive_dest.
  3. If all copies of your current control file is damaged, then restore a backup of it. If you have even a single copy intact, use that and overwrite others with that. Best strategy is to refer only one control file in init.ora at one time and try mounting the database, if it mounts, means that control file is OK.
  4. Now you are ready to perform database recovery, fire the golden command...

ALTER DATABASE RECOVER [AUTOMATIC] UNTIL ........ you might would have to use "USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE " clause. Refer manual for complete set of options.

5. Cross your fingers....

6. Once media recovery is completed
" ALTER DATABASE OPEN [resetlogs/noresetlogs]"

7. After finishing above steps , take one full COLD backup, if it was resetlogs.

8. Keep testing your backup (on monthly basis, preferably on test server).

HTH, if you need more help keep in touch,

Rajesh

Author: Hermanto P
  INET: hermanto_p_at_aprilasia.com

Author: Rajesh Dayal
  INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com

Author: Hermanto P
  INET: hermanto_p_at_aprilasia.com

Author: Rajesh Dayal
  INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 02:15:32 CDT