Re: Oracle Database setup document

From: Justin Coleman <jd_coleman_ora1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:53:12 -0700

Joe,

Thanks for that information. But what I am looking to do, is document the planned instance and what oracle parameters I may wish to change away from the defaults. I believe the Oracle dbassist prompts me for the basics but does it ask me what Oracle Parameters for the init.ora I may wish to change.

I wish to document my database set-up, up front. I would like to consider what to set sort_area_size to, what should I set open_cursor to and other parameters. I would like to consider all of the key Oracle parameters in an upfront document, and then change the doucment after implementation, when it has been tuned and some off these parameters have changed.

So does anyone know of set-up documentation that already exists, that I can use as a basis for working how I may initially what to setup my Database, which will include the key Oracle Parameters?

Cheers for any assists from anyone.
Justin

Author: Justin Coleman
  INET: jd_coleman_ora1_at_hotmail.com